Luckily, that bug is now fixed, thanks to the quick response by IceFrog. Now you won't see any player with 6x inventory on Level 1. Download the DotA 6.80c map and enjoy fair gaming. Also, read how to perform 6.80b gold bug below!
- DotA v6.80c.w3x (7.88 MB - 4th March 2014)
Download the map (with .w3x extension) and place it in (Warcraft III\Maps\Download) directory. You must have Warcraft 3 TFT v1.24e or above to play this map.
DotA 6.80c Changelogs [Patch Notes]
- Fixed a gold exploit that was possible with Wards
Guide to DotA 6.80b Gold Exploit:
- Pick any hero and completely fill its inventory with Ironwood branches
- Buy a courier and buy a set of Wards (doesn't matter Sentry or Observer)
- Buy an Energy Booster and put both wards and booster in Courier's inventory
- Move courier back to the Fountain so it acquires mana to use Wards. That's why we bought Energy booster.
- Select courier, click Sentry ward and target your hero standing with full inventory.
- Since, your hero has full inventory the wards will drop as a Yellow-book on the ground.
- Each time you use a single ward from Courier, you get Double (2x) wards in return
- Pick-up the dropped Wards (yellow-books) again using the courier and repeat the steps.
- And then sell the Wards for gold until you have gold to buy a 6x inventory.