Are you tired of chat spammers that flame, abuse or disturb you while playing Warcraft 3? No need to worry because, There is a way to block/mute their chat using "/squelch" command. Most of the players don't know about the proper usage of this command so, this doesn't function in DotA. Read the detailed guide which will help you to ignore spammers chat. It's pretty easy, if you follow the steps properly.
Block Someone in Warcraft 3 Chat, Guide:
Before starting the guide, you must know the following:
The "/squelch" command that blocks someone's chat in Warcraft 3 (DotA) can be entered by using the syntax below:
• If you want to block "TheProPlayer".
- You need to enter "/squelch TheProPlayer" in Warcraft 3 Chat menu by pressing [Enter] / [Shift+Enter].
- It'll mute "TheProPlayer" chat showing a message, "Ignoring chat from TheProplayer"
• What If you want to show chat from "TheProPlayer".
- Just type "/unsqluelch TheProplayer" and hit enter.
- It will show a message, "Resuming chat from TheProPlayer" means, it will it not ignore his messages anymore.
But there is a problem, This command doesn't work in DotA.
Because, DotA adds the Hero name with the user's nickname.
Like, "TheProPlayer (Nerubian Assassin)".
So, when you enter "/squelch" command with "TheProPlayer" nickname, it doesn't work.
In order to make this work, we have to enter Hide Hero Names command "-hhn".
It removes hero name from the user's nickname making it simple.
Now, Follow the same steps mentioned above and you are ready to go :)
- Player names are case sensitive, you have to type it right.
- "/ignore" command can also be used, it has same function.
• If the username is "Zack" and colored, it will appear something like this: Zack
You can't just type "/squelch Zack"
You'll have to type "/squelch .|c0000ff00Zack" with color hex codes.
It will be difficult because you have to find this user on Garena with his coloured name hex code, then squelch the username.