Block Someone in Warcraft 3 Chat, Guide:
Before starting the guide, you must know the following:
The "/squelch" command that blocks someone's chat in Warcraft 3 (DotA) can be entered by using the syntax below:
• If you want to block "TheProPlayer".
- You need to enter "/squelch TheProPlayer" in Warcraft 3 Chat menu by pressing [Enter] / [Shift+Enter].
- It'll mute "TheProPlayer" chat showing a message, "Ignoring chat from TheProplayer"
• What If you want to show chat from "TheProPlayer".
- Just type "/unsqluelch TheProplayer" and hit enter.
- It will show a message, "Resuming chat from TheProPlayer" means, it will it not ignore his messages anymore.
But there is a problem, This command doesn't work in DotA.
Because, DotA adds the Hero name with the user's nickname.
Like, "TheProPlayer (Nerubian Assassin)".
So, when you enter "/squelch" command with "TheProPlayer" nickname, it doesn't work.
In order to make this work, we have to enter Hide Hero Names command "-hhn".
It removes hero name from the user's nickname making it simple.
Now, Follow the same steps mentioned above and you are ready to go :)
- Player names are case sensitive, you have to type it right.
- "/ignore" command can also be used, it has same function.
• If the username is "Zack" and colored, it will appear something like this: Zack
You can't just type "/squelch Zack"
You'll have to type "/squelch .|c0000ff00Zack" with color hex codes.
It will be difficult because you have to find this user on Garena with his coloured name hex code, then squelch the username.